CC-Link IE Field Network module
Connect to remote I/O stations and other programmable controllers for high-speed distributed control with advanced functionality
●CC-Link IE Field Network moduleQJ71GF11-T2
- Tremendous speed and bandwidth using commercially available cables and connectors.
The network design (topology) is highly flexible to fit any layout.
- Operates as either a master or local station. Perfect for managing remote I/O control and distributed control.
- Devices from other stations can be accessed easily via transient communication using dedicated instructions.
- Function blocks for transient communication are available to further simplify messaging.
- The network can ensure 32-bit data integrity using the station-based block data assurance function. This forces pairs of word data to get updated together during link refresh.
- The QJ71GF11-T2 CC-Link IE Field Network module can function as a slave or master station.
This method of connecting stations has two endpoints where stations are directly connected to each other and no hubs are necessary.
Star networks are formed by connecting all stations to a hub.
Ring networks have no end points and continue to function even if a connection becomes broken.
■ Performance Specifications
|Max. link points per network||RX||16K points (16384 points, 2 KB)|
|RY||116K points (16384 points, 2 KB)|
|RWr||8K points (8192 points, 16 KB)|
|RWw||8K points (8192 points, 16 KB)|
|Max. link points per station||RX||2K points (2048 points, 256 B)|
|RY||2K points (2048 points, 256 B)|
|RWr||1K points (1024 points, 2 KB)|
|RWw||1K points (1024 points, 2 KB)|
|Communication speed||1 Gbps|
|Number of stations per network||121 (1 master plus 120 slave stations)|
|Connection cable||Ethernet cable (Category 5e or higher, double shielded/STP)|
|Maximum overall cable distance||Line topology||12 km (with 1 master and 120 slaves connected)|
|Star topology||Depends on the system configuration.*1|
|Ring topology||12.1 km (with 1 master and 120 slaves connected)|
|Max. station-to-station distance||100 m|
|Max. number of networks||239|
|Network topology||Line, star, line and star mixed, or ring*2|
*1: Up to 20 hubs can be connected per network.
*2: Ring networks may not be mixed with line or star networks. QJ71GF11-T2 network modules whose first five serial number digits are 12072 or later are required for ring networks. Additionally, GX Works2 version 1.34 L or later is required.
Easy diagnosis functions
- In certain situations such as power loss, a station could be prevented from communicating.
In a line network this can cause perfectly healthy stations can become separated from the network. In a ring network, only the faulty station is separated, thus increasing the system reliability.
The network diagnostic tools in GX Works2*3 allow problems to be identified rapidly. In addition to a visual overview of the network and several other tools, detailed monitoring of CPUs and modules from any station, to any station is possible.
*3: Not supported by GX Developer.